I was walking in Veterans Park in Arlington, Texas on Sunday, June 12 of 2011, when I saw the sign above in the Xeriscape Garden. I thought bore some appropo information pertinent to my DurangObesity Blog.
That pertinent info being that....
Studies show that kids who play outside:
- Are healthier physically and mentally.
- Do better in school.
- Have higher self-esteem.
- Have good self-discipline.
- Feel more capable and confident.
- Are good problem-solvers.
- Are more cooperative with others.
- Are more creative.
- Feel connected to nature.
- Are tomorrow's conservation leaders.