Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Losing Weight For Jesus To Get A Bod4God

A few days ago, when I confessed I'd ballooned way over 200 pounds and had grown what amounted to a minor beer belly, that I had acquired without the pleasure of drinking beer, I said whenever I have detected shrinkage I would blog about it, along with a piece of interesting info of the weight loss/health variety.

Well, my ongoing shrinkage has now shrunk my pseudo beer gut to being under 37 inches in circumference.

After I blogged about my ballooning beer gut I discovered that several pairs of pants, which used to be baggy on me, no longer are. Discovering this has increased my desire to shrink.

As for a piece of interesting info of the weight loss/health variety.

Well, there is this preacher, Steve Reynolds, head pastor at the Capital Baptist Church in Annandale, Virginia, who has tossed aside all the usual reasons people motivate themselves to lose weight, you know, like me, to fit into jeans that are now too tight, to return to a high school reunion, to feel better about yourself, to lower your blood pressure.

Toss all those familiar weight loss reasons out the window.

Pastor Reynolds wants you to do it for Jesus.

Pastor Reynolds has written a book titled "Bod4God."

Since 2007 Pastor Reynolds has led his congregation to lose over 12,000 pounds.

Pastor Reynolds practices what he preaches. He has lost 120 pounds.

Pastor Reynolds says, "I want to show people, all types of people, especially Christian people, that we're made by God, but we're also made for God, and we need to honor him with our bodies,"

So there you have it, lose weight for Jesus and get yourself a good Bod for God.

No comments: