Saturday, January 21, 2012

My 2011 Super Bowl Weight Loss Disappeared with a Beer Gut by the Start of 2012

I use this photo for illustration purposes. It is not me in the picture.

In December of 2010 I started this blog you are reading right now. The reason I started this blog was because I had once again gained weight and gone over the 200 pound mark.

I knew at the start of every New Year millions of people make a resolution to lose weight. I thought I'd do the same thing and track my weight loss on this blog.

Well.

My goal was to hit 190 pounds by the time of the Super Bowl. I forget what I had ballooned to before I began re-shrinking. I think it was, maybe, 211.

So. I got to my Super Bowl goal. And then proceeded, as 2011 progressed, to gain the weight back, til I surpassed my old high and nearing the start of the New Year of 2012 I was closing in on 220.

I have not weighed myself in weeks.

Yesterday I was horrified to find that multiple pants that fit me loosely, what seems a short time ago, are now uncomfortably tight.

I was appalled.

I am down to two pair of pants that are comfortable to wear.

I somehow had convinced myself I was getting more muscular, hence the size gain. Maybe there is some of that. I do get a lot of exercise.

But, added muscle does not explain the swelling of my waist.

I pretty much have a beer gut without having had the pleasure of drinking a lot of beer.

In April of 2006 I returned from an annoying visit to the Pacific Northwest. At that point in time I weighed something like 205 and comfortably fit into the pants I tried on last night, hoping to wear them to an event, that caused me to realize I've reached a new low of getting fat.

When I returned to Texas in May of 2006 I amped up my exercise routine, mostly really long bike rides of the mountain bike sort. I began to shrink. I did not actually go on any sort of diet.

By July of 2008 I returned to the Pacific Northwest again. I had shrunk down to around 170. I was skinny. People made note of me being skinny. Some said gaunt. I felt good. And the plane ride was the most comfortable ever, due to being skinny.

Upon my return to Texas, in August of 2008, I was again annoyed with my visit to the Pacific Northwest. This time, apparently, the annoyance did not cause me to shrink, instead it caused me to swell.

Like I already said, the last I weighed myself I was approaching 220. I have not weighed myself again, because I don't care how much I weigh.

What I care about with this bout of shrinking is to shrink the pseudo beer gut. The last I measured I was 37 inches around my waist. On some people that would be skinny. When I weighed 180 my waist was 29 inches.

So, during this latest, and I hope, my last bout of losing weight, I am not going to keep track of my weight. I instead am going to keep track of the number of diminishing inches around my waist.

Every few days I will blog my progress.

I am hoping the shrinkage occurs quickly. I don't see why it won't. I get a lot of exercise. I eat very nutritionally, albeit, obviously, too frequently in too large a quantity, for too long.

I need to get myself shrunk back to being comfortable on a plane size by the late March/early April time frame. I am planning on getting on a plane in early Spring. I don't want that seat belt to feel like it is squeezing me.

The current size of my "Beer Gut" is 37 inches. The goal is 30 inches.

2 comments:

Honeybee said...

Hi, great to found ur blog. It's kind of a boost of motivation to read someone's blog who is try to lose weight. At least, i know that i am not alone. Keep posting about ur progress, n wat do u do to reach there. I know it takes a determination to change my training habit to lose weight. But being unfit for years makes it a 1st hardest step for me. I'm not losing hope but try to improve myself better this year. Good luck to u too.

Regards,
-honeybee from www.healthybeautifulblog.blogspot.com

skin tightening said...

Weight loss treatment need full of control on ownself. That need to reduce fat and other things which increase fat in body.