Saturday, March 12, 2011

2011 New Year's Weight Loss Resolution Week 10: Up to 191

Last week I was 10 pounds from my 180 goal. On this Saturday's weekly weigh-in I am 11 pounds from the goal.

I don't think I actually gained weight this week.

What actually happened is this morning I forgot it was the day to measure my shrinkage. I usually take that measurement before I have breakfast.

Today I got on the scale after lunch.

I am guessing if I had gotten on the scale this morning before breakfast I likely weighed under 190.

In addition to lunch I drank a lot of water whilst hiking before lunch. So, I'm thinking I'm currently carrying some water weight.

I went swimming every morning this week, but one. On two of those mornings I stayed too long in the cold water. This resulted in about an hour of extreme shivering on those two days I stayed too long in the pool.

I think shivering likely burns a lot of calories. It is quite a workout for the muscle system, doing all that twitching trying to get warm.

This week my goal is to shrink to 186. And try to remember to measure the shrinkage next Saturday morning.

No comments: