Saturday, March 19, 2011

2011 New Year's Weight Loss Resolution Week 11: Still Above 190

My goal had been to crack the 190 barrier and get to 186 this week.

Instead I held steady at 191.

No shrinkage, weight-wise, but I can tell I am more leaned out.

And this week I was able to get into the Yoga Plough position, something I was shocked to learn I could no longer do, about a month ago.

The Plough position had been easy for me to do, right from the start of learning Yoga.

It was a much bigger wake up call than a number on a scale to find that my gut zone had so greatly grown that it had impeded my ability to do a simple Yoga position.

This week I went swimming every morning. I think swimming in cold water and the resulting shivering must be a great calorie burner. And great exercise.

I managed to get a real bad case of fire ant stings on my forearms this week. I do not know if being burned by fire ants impedes weight loss.

This week my goal is the same as last week's. To shrink to 186. This shrinking process has gone on way longer than I thought it would when the New Year started. Previously losing weight has been real easy for me.

Not so much this time.

No comments: