Wednesday, October 20, 2010

America's Obesity Epidemic

I am in Fort Worth. Fort Worth is in Texas. Texas is one of the United States.

Fort Worth is one of the most obese towns in one of the most obese states in the most obese nation in the world.

America.

Europeans call Americans balloon people.

When I am in a more healthy part of America. Like Denver or Seattle, it looks to me like a lot of people have had the air let out of them.

Among the many things that bothers me about obesity is it is just hard to look at. The extreme cases, I mean.

Sloth and obesity, for the most part go together. By sloth, I mean slob. Way too many obese people squeeze themselves into clothing they have no business trying to wear. The vast majority of obese people, or so it seems from what I have observed, have let themselves go in multiple ways.

Overweight, out of shape, ill-dressed, ill-kept. And way too often with a tattoo and some strange body piercing.

Visit any random Wal-Mart, particularly in the South, and you will usually get yourself an eyeful that you would prefer not having seen.

I have no idea, for sure, where I am going with this DurangObese blog. We'll see.

No comments: