Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Obesity Epidemic & Tom Cruise's Man Boobs

Earlier today I was reading about the Obesity Epidemic infecting Hollywood, causing many actors to proudly sport man boobs.

A few weeks ago there were pictures floating about the Internet of Tom Cruise, shirtless, while filming yet one more Mission Impossible sequel.

I can not remember where it was I saw the Tom Cruise Mission Impossible pictures. I do remember the comments people were making about the current state of Tom Cruise's physique.

There seemed to be pretty much universal agreement that Tom Cruise is now sporting man boobs. And that his muscles have gone flabby on him.

I was unable to understand why people were thinking Tom's musculature had gone flabby or that he had man boobs. To my eyes, Tom Cruise's chest looks like mine. Then again, I have been told I have man boobs, where I was thinking I just had well-developed pectoral muscles.

Below is one of the Tom Cruise supposed Man Boob pictures. Do you see man boobs?


What is that lump above Tom Cruise's belly button? If I were him I'd be more concerned about that lump than I would be about man boobs.

I do not know why, but apparently today DurangObese is all about the man boobs part of the Obesity Epidemic.

I think the first time I heard the term "man boobs" was on the Seinfeld episode where George Costanza saw his dad without his shirt on. This led to Kramer inventing, I think with the help of George's dad, the Brosierre.

With the growing number of American man boobs flopping about, I wonder if anyone is marketing bras for men?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lament of the Skinnies. Tom's lumpiness is probably due to liposuction.
As a lifetime skinny, I envy you who think a weight loss will solve all your problems of body image and life issues. Noticed is your preference for upholstered women--you all suffer from mass psychosis...that a weight loss will solve your or many of your problems. Not true. We skinnies are left to contemplate our mortal souls while you fatties are left in a safe place with a perceived clear life line of from A to B to achieve nirvana. It pisses me off--heard it all my life; your life is not going to change with man boob reduction and size 34 jeans. Believe me.
Eye Rolling Life Long Skinny Person.

DurangObesity said...

Great comment, Anonymous. I'm a life long skinny too. I only play a Fatty Boy on this blog. What is an upholstered woman???

Anonymous said...

You, a skinnie? if so, you are well disguised. A true skinnie would never have such food issues. We eat what we want, when we want; would never think of reporting on foraging activities in such detail unless..unless there are underlying pathologies. Our lack of visible packed on caloric intake is never discussed in popular media. The silent forgotten minority. Actually nonexistent. Be daring and take that tactic. Drink a daily Braum's milkshake for six weeks and watch--nothing happen. Believe me, I've tried.
Upholstered women? Ever sunk in a down filled sofa with your head on a feather pillow? You got the drift.