Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Michelle Obama Battling the Childhood Obesity Epidemic

Michelle Obama got a wakeup call from her pediatrician who told her that her kids were over weight.

Unlike way too many parents, Mrs. Obama quickly fixed the problem, knocked off the fast, convenient food and amped up her kid's activity level and the nutritive value of what she fed them.

Hardly a day goes by that I don't see at least one terribly obese kid. Usually this occurs at Wal-Mart.

I do not recollect seeing an obese kid with what appeared to be the kid's parental units without the parental units also being seriously over weight.

I think feeding your child too much food, not regulating the kid's intake, allowing a kid to get too FAT, well, I think that this is Child Abuse.

I think Child Protective Services should intervene when a kid is too FAT. I think this would have a very good effect on the Childhood Obesity Epidemic.

Of course there would be those who would say an Obese Child and the parent's enabling the obesity are none of the government's business. I would say those who think that are wrong.

Below Michelle Obama talks about the Childhood Obesity Epidemic and why it is a subject that is important to her....

No comments: