Saturday, February 5, 2011

2011 New Year's Weight Loss Resolution Week 5: Gained a Pound

The Super Bowl is tomorrow. My weight goal for the Super Bowl was to be down to 190 on my way to the ultimate goal of 180.

I did not make it to 190 for this week's Saturday Weigh-In.

I seem to have gained a pound. It looked to me that the pointer stopped around the 197 pound mark today.

My excuse for gaining weight instead of shrinking is the same thing that has plagued the week leading up to the Super Bowl, since I am stuck in the same predicament the Super Bowl is stuck in.

That predicament is both me and the Super Bowl both sit in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex.

I was snowbound starting Tuesday. On Wednesday I woke to a Rolling Blackout. By Thursday I was running low on protein products for the Atkins type diet mode I had been on. On Friday the roads had cleared of ice enough that I was able to get to a grocery store.

I have been unable to get my regular amount of heavy duty calorie burning outdoor exercise. No hiking, no swimming.

I forgot to mention that yesterday a water main malfunction had me without water for several hours.

So, this has been an annoyingly stressful week for me and a lot of other people in North Texas, including a lot of people who had big hopes of the Super Bowl being a big boon for North Texas.

The big boon has turned in to a big bust. Just like my ongoing shrinking did this week.

More snow is predicted to arrive on the day of the Super Bowl. I currently do not know when I am going to return to my regular activity level.

So, for this week my Weight Loss goal is to simply not gain any, and to stay steady at 197.

No comments: