Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Losing A Lot Of Weight To Get Ready For My Movie Nude Scene

In the photo that is Christian Bale in a movie called The Mechanic. I don't know why Bale's character in this movie, Trevor Reznik, had to be so thin.

To play this character Bale starved himself for 4 months, with a daily diet consisting of one cup of coffee and either an apple or a can of tuna, for a whopping daily calorie intake of around 275. Bale lost 62 pounds, shrinking to only 120 pounds.

I believe this movie part came after Christian Bale got himself all buffed for American Psycho.

After The Mechanic Christian Bale re-gained his lost weight and re-buffed himself.

And then Christian Bale put his body through this ridiculousness again for the part of  a crack addict named Dicky Eklund in a movie called The Fighter. This time Bale's extreme weight loss role has him being a likely Oscar nominee for Best Support Actor in the 2011 Academy Awards.

Matt Damon is another actor who lost a lot of weight for a movie role. Damon played a drug addicted soldier in a 1996 movie called Courage Under Fire. Damon lost 40 pounds in 100 days through diet and heavy duty exercise. Damon had to take medication for years due to the damage done to his adrenal gland.

And then you have the actresses who have starved themselves for a part.

Natalie Portman is also an Oscar contender this year for her role in Black Swan. She lost 20 pounds from her already skinny body to play a ballerina under a lot of pressure.

For her part in Dream Girls Beyonce shrunk 20 pounds by drinking nothing but lemon juice and maple syrup.

To play the role of Winnie Mandela, Jennifer Hudson shrunk 56 pounds from her plus-sized body. Jennifer continued shrinking after filming ended, eventually losing a total of 80 pounds. And I must say, Jennifer Hudson is looking good in her newly shrunk body.

For her part in Jennifer's Body, Megan Fox simply stopped eating til she dropped 10 pounds.

Some actors have gone the other direction for a movie. I remember Sylvester Stallone going from being a muscle man to a cop with a gut in a move the name of which I don't remember. Robert De Niro put on a lot of pounds playing boxer Jake LaMotta in Raging Bull, going from 145 to 215 pounds.

Matt Damon put on a lot of weight for his role in The Informant. I don't know if this damaged his adrenal glands.

I think it'd be a lot of fun to be a movie star. But, I really don't think I'd be so desperate to be on the big screen that I'd make myself either ultra-skinny or ultra-fat. I would probably make sure I was in really good shape, though, if the part called for a nude scene.

No comments: