Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2011 New Year's Weight Loss Resolution Day 2

I am 24 hours into my 2011 New Year's Resolution to once more get under 200 pounds.

Well under 200 pounds.

I have decided my goal is 180.

This morning the scale shows slight movement southward, down to around 216 from yesterday's 217.

I went jogging yesterday, on my first day of this new regimen, for the first time in a long time. I jogged about 2 miles. I was surprised by how well the jogging went.

Last night I blogged about the infamous Donna Simpson, she being the woman who wants to be the fattest woman in the world, who ate, what she hopes, was the world's biggest Christmas dinner, a few days ago. Donna Simpson is already in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the fattest woman to ever give birth.

Donna Simpson ate somewhere near a 100 pounds of food for Christmas. That would be at least a temporary 100 pound weight gain.

I had a half pound of sirloin steak for Christmas. And the 15 pound turkey I cooked  few days ago, still has a few pounds waiting to be eaten.

I estimate I have cut back my caloric intake by at least half. If past experience is any indicator, in a few days I should see a quick weight drop, then hit a plateau, then another drop, then repeat that cycle over and over again til I get to 180.

Apparently I have a knack for putting on weight. And a knack for quickly taking it off. I have heard from others, like yesterday from MLK, that others are not so blessed.

2 comments:

MLK said...

I think women, in general, lose weight more slowly than men.

Just the way it is, I suppose. I find it totally helpful to just NOT HAVE the bad stuff in your home. If you just HAVE to have something like chips, buying a very small bag at the gas station is preferable to having them in your kitchen.

Don't put it in, you won't put in on.

DurangObesity said...

MLK, Town Talk has been having little bags of baked Tostitos 12 for $1 of late. 110 calories per bag. 2.5 grams of fat. I'm not a big chipper, but these are good.