Friday, December 31, 2010

2011's Top Ten New Year's Resolutions

Apparently making a New Year's Resolution is a world-wide phenomenon.

Which makes sense.

New Year. New Beginning. Good time to try and start changing something that you don't like or improve something that needs improving or go in a direction you feel you need to be going.

For me, before looking at the list of 10, I had only one New Year's Resolution. Looking at a compilation  of people's Top Ten New Year's Resolutions I can see one or two that I might be wise to adopt.

But, I won't.adopt more than one more, In addition to my one and only New Year's Resolution. That being to get back under 200 pounds, all the way to 180.

And stay there.

Looking at various lists of New Year's Resolutions, below is what I have gleaned is the Top Ten. And before I list them, might I add, I am surprised Losing Weight is not Number One. However, that subject is pretty much numbers 2 and 3.

Top Ten New Year's Resolutions
  1. Spend More Time with Family and Friends
  2. Get Fit
  3. Lose Weight
  4. Quit Smoking
  5. Get More Enjoyment Out of Life
  6. Quit Drinking
  7. Get Out of Debt
  8. Learn Something New
  9. Volunteer
  10. Get Organized
Well. Of the Top Ten, #1 should be at the top of my list. A week from today it will be 2 years since I've seen my mom and dad. I am going to try to get to Phoenix soon. I always am saying that, but I will make more of an effort to make that happen.

I am already fit. But I have put on a few pounds. So, #3 pertains to me. I do not need to quit smoking. I pretty much already get a lot of enjoyment out of life. I don't need to quit drinking. I don't need to get out of debt, too much. I'm always learning something new, but don't always like doing so. I sort of volunteer to help people, in that if I see something wrong, I do what I can to make it right.

And I am very organized.

So, there you have it, of the Top Ten New Year's Resolutions I am going to be working on #1 & #3.

How about you?

No comments: