Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Join Me On My New Year's Resolution To Lose Weight

I was shocked this morning to get on the scale to see the scale telling me I weigh 217 pounds.

I do not know what I have changed in my eating and exercise routines that has caused me to balloon up to 217.

The last time I weighed this much was in February of 2004. I'd spent 2 weeks in Washington, with most of that time spent in a Chocolate Warehouse in Tacoma, putting chocolate products on Amazon.

And in my mouth.

And, apparently putting on weight. On the way back to Texas I had a 10 hour layover in Phoenix, where I was taken to an Applebee's Happy Hour where much food was consumed and then to an In N' Out Burger where more food was consumed. By the time I got back on the plane I was a bloated mess.

When I got back to Texas, the next morning, I got on the scale to learn I weighed 217. I flew up to Washington 2 more times that year. Each time I'd come back to Texas fatter. I flew up again in late September of 2005. I don't remember how much I weighed then. I do remember when I flew up to Washington in April of 2006 I weighed around 2005.

That April of 2006 visit to Washington was stressful. I got back to Texas and amped up my exercise routine. I started to quickly lose weight.

By the next time I flew up to Washington, on July 20, 2008, I weighed, at my lowest, 168.5. I was skinny. This made flying the most comfortable ever.

I remember New Year's Day of 2009 being the first in a long time where I did not find myself resolving to get under 200 pounds, because I was already well under 200 pounds. Same with New Year's Day of 2010. I was under 200 pounds, I think in the 185 range, if I remember right.

And now, today, with 4 days to go til New Year's Day of 2011, I am back finding myself on the north side of 200 pounds. Resolving once more to get well under 200.

What is vexing about this current weight gain is I'm not seeing it. Too much. The main thing I can see clearly is my gut zone has expanded. When I weighed 170 something my waist could get down to 28.5 inches if I sucked it in hard.

Let me go see how far I can suck my gut in now....I'll be right back....Yikes! 37 inches! This is appalling.

So, from today until I get back in the low 180s zone, my DurangObesity blog is going to track my own battle with my own personal case of minor morbid obesity.

Anyone who wants to can tag along to your own weight goal, commenting on this blog, each day, about your progress.

I may go on the Atkin's Diet. That has worked well for me before. But Atkins is not how I got down to 168.5. That happened while eating very nutritionally, but in small amounts, plus an awful lot of bike riding.

And so it begins, something I had promised myself I'd never do again, because I had told myself I would never let myself put on weight again. But, today I begin the reversal process.

Turkey soup with a lot of vegetables in the soup is already made. I may add jogging to my regular routine.

Check it tomorrow to see how much weight I've lost.....if any.

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Count me in. I weigh 178 and want to lose 30 pounds. I'll be following your progress and I hope I can post progress on mine.

MLK said...

Men have it so easy. My husband can lose weight overnight, literally.

I on the other hand work all the time. 12 hour days and am too tired to lumber to the health club for a couple hours every night.

I'm having foot surgery in January, and will be laid up for a couple of weeks, zero activity. I plan to have a very restricted diet, under 900 calories a day. I hope to maintain my weight, and after that I'll try to lose some.

It's hell having a skinny husband, he can eat anything. He eats an entire bag of cookies in a DAY. I gain weight if I smell them.

Life is so freaking unfair.

Good luck on your diet. I'll follow your progress.

Stay out of Town Talk!!