Wednesday, December 1, 2010

FDA Approved Fat Reduction Using Zerona Laser Method & Zeltiq Freezing Method

I have not completely decided as to which of the new FDA approved fat removal methods to use, the Zerona laser method or the Zeltiq freezing method.

Zerona makes use of a laser to zap fat cells, shrinking them, after which your body removes the remains of the fat cell via excretion and absorption.

With Zeltiq, the machine cools the fat cells, with no skin damage, with the cooled fat cells also eliminated, by your body, via excretion and absorption.

Zerona was approved by the Food and Drug Administration in August. That is the Zerona machine in operation you see in the picture. The Zeltiq technique was approved in October.

Neither fat removal method works for the morbidly, or even less than morbidly obese.

Zerona and Zeltiq are for people who are near their ideal weight, but have some pesky love handles, or cellulite dimpling their butts and legs.

The typical treatment is six 40-minute sessions. The cost for Zerona ranges from $1,300 to $2,500. Zeltiq costs a bit more, ranging from $1,500 to $3,000.

Both procedures are painless, but Zeltiq does have a side effect, causing skin numbness that will last from 2 to 6 weeks.

Due to the fact that I just need some slight abdominal shrinkage and slight butt fat reduction, I think I will opt for the cheaper Zerona laser option. I may post photos of my new gut and butt upon successful reduction. Or I may not.

1 comment:

tummy tuck said...

I have been looking at this randomly every now and again, I am very conscious of my cheeks because they are like a chip munk!. I am not over weight or anything so it isn't just excess fat it runs in the family and some days they just look massive.