Thursday, December 30, 2010

2011 New Year's Weight Loss Resolution Day 3: Down to 215

On Day 3 of my trek to 180 pounds the scale appears to show continued southward movement. The needle looks to be stopping on 215. Down from my record breaking high of 217.

Only 35 pounds to go. At the current rate of reduction, which likely can not be sustained, I would achieve the 35 pound reduction in 35 days, which would have me in the 180 zone by the time I watch the Super Bowl in Arlington.

I have annoyed people in the past with how quickly I can lose weight. Or gain it.

It is a function of ones underlying metabolism. I'm a fairly muscular guy, hence I have a big engine that can burn a lot of calories. And I am fairly active, thus using my big engine to burn a lot of calories. To lose weight all I have to do is cut back on what goes in my mouth and the pounds come off.

It really isn't rocket science.

This morning breakfast was an orange, a glass of skim milk, 2 stalks of celery and a big chunk of turkey. Before breakfast I had a little weight workout. Lunch will be a big bowl of chili. Before lunch I will go jogging. I do not eat dinner, usually. My evening feeding is usually something like a bowl of air-popped popcorn, with cheese. Cut out the cheese and instead spray the popcorn with non-fat butter spray and sprinkle it with salt and garlic powder and I've reduced the calories from the cheesy norm.

So, there you have it. The starvation diet that I am not starving on. But has me losing, currently, a pound a day. Which, I know, nutritional experts say is not healthy. But I say, if it works and I feel good and full of energy, it is perfectly healthy.

See you tomorrow. When I may, or may not weigh 214. Or less.

No comments: