Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 New Year's Weight Loss Resolution Day 7: Back up to 212

Well, I am now at the end of the first week of my program to shrink myself back to 180 pounds.

I must mention, I am on Day 7 of my New Year's Resolution to lose weight, even though it is only Day 3 of the New Year, because I got an early start on the shrinking.

And this morning the shrinking reversed slightly. Yesterday morning I was down to 211. This morning I'm back up to 212. Such is how it goes with the weight loss thing.

I suspect I may be at my first plateau. A plateau is a weight loss thing where shrunk fat cells are replaced with water, for who knows what reason. Something to do with the physiology of metabolism and fat storage. When you hit a diet plateau it can last a few days. Then there will be a sudden drop of several pounds via the purging of excess water.

It'll be clear by tomorrow morning if I am at a plateau, or not.

1 comment:

MLK said...

Yesterday, I purged my house of all things fattening, save some walnuts and dried apple slices which I refuse to give up.

I am on the healthy-eating bandwagon. Now if I could just find time to exercise. 12 hour days are killers.