Saturday, January 22, 2011

2011 New Year's Weight Loss Resolution Week 3: Down to 199 By Cutting Carbs

Well, I did not get to my goal of 198 this week. But, I am under 200 and only 9 pounds from my Super Bowl goal of 190.

Since I started shrinking a few days before the start of the New Year I have lost 18 pounds.

This week losing weight was hampered by bad weather rendering doing heavy duty hill hiking not possible.

To amp up the fat burning I've gone into a Modified Atkins Diet mode. As in extremely low amount of carbohydrates and an increase in protein.

I'm not a dessert fan and have absolutely no sweet tooth. So, it is pretty easy to cut down the carbs, as in no bread, no sugary fruits, like bananas. And no milk.

I don't know why more people don't use the high protein/low carb method of losing weight. It's not like being on a diet.

And unlike those miserable diets where the caloric intake is cut way back and you don't feel or look good, with the high protein/low carb way of eating you feel real good, full of energy. And you look healthy, instead of that gaunt, sick look some people develop when they lose weight.

Next Saturday's goal is 195.

No comments: