Thursday, January 6, 2011

Zumba Dancing To Lose Weight & Get in Shape With the Wild Woman of Woolley

A few days ago the Wild Woman of Woolley, Betty Jo Bouvier, informed me she was going to be doing Zumba in the evening.

I won't tell you which of the backsides in the picture is Betty Jo doing her Zumba dancing.

I had no idea what Zumba was when Betty Jo mentioned it, though the name seemed familiar.

Now I have learned that Zumba is a world-wide phenomenon, and has become the world's largest and most successful dance/fitness program. More than 10 million people are taking Zumba classes at over 90,000 locations in over 110 countries.

Including the State of Washington in the country known as the United States of America. Which is where Betty Jo is doing Zumba.

Zumba started out in the town of Cali in the country known as Columbia. I believe Columbia is the country where Shakira comes from. Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie" song is my favorite dancing song.

I wonder if Betty Jo has Zumba-ed to Shakira yet, with her hips not lying?

Zumba uses very energetic international music, choreographed with addictive, contagious dance steps to create a big "fitness party."

Betty Jo told me her first Zumba experience left her feeling a bit uncoordinated. Which surprised me, because Betty Jo has always moved with such gracefulness.

Below is a YouTube video of a Zumba Fitness Party. A short way in, Shakira starts singing about hips not lying. I think I want to join in.....

No comments: